Tui has cancelled more flights and holidays after ongoing uncertainty around international travel.
The holiday giant has been reviewing its flights programme and cancellations in line with government updates and has now confirmed more holidays will be cancelled into October.
Holidays to Florida, Mexico, Egypt and Tunisia are among those affected in the latest update, which include dates up to October 31.
Read More:Brits can travel to Portugal without quarantine as travel rules updated
Following the most recent UK government travel announcement, the list of green, amber and red countries – as defined by the government’s traffic light system – will be removed and replaced with a new two-tier system from tomorrow (Monday, October 4).
From Monday, fully vaccinated customers will no longer be required to take a pre-departure test before their arrival into England and later in October the day 2 PCR test will be replaced by a lateral flow test.
This guidance will also apply to children under the age of 18 who are travelling with their vaccinated parents.
Travellers are reminded that destinations will have their own entry requirements which may vary and TUI customers are advised to check the FCDO advice for the country they are travelling to.
But despite the removal of the green, amber and red lists, Tui has still cancelled a number of its holidays through next month due to restrictions on travel.
In a statement, Tui said that they will be contacting the customers of cancelled flights as soon as possible to discuss their options.
They said: “Just so you know, the listed destinations and dates don’t cover all our holiday programme changes. Due to ongoing reviews of our flight schedules, we’ve had to cancel some holidays that aren’t listed.
“If your holiday is cancelled, we will contact you directly via email – so don’t worry if you receive one of these emails from us and your holiday isn’t listed here.”
TUI latest holiday cancellations
Up to and including October 16:
– Egypt (Hurghada and Sharm El Sheikh)
Up to and including October 21:
– Cape Verde
– Dominican Republic
Up to and including October 31:
– Bulgaria (Varna and Bourgas)
– Costa Rica
– Egypt (Marsa Alam)
– Italy (Calabria, Sardinia and Sicily)
– Mainland Spain (Almeria and Girona)
Austria, India, Indonesia, Kenya, Seychelles, Tanzania, Thailand and Trinidad & Tobago, USA and UAE (Abu Dhabi)
The Liverpool Echo sends newsletters on a wide range of topics – including our daily news bulletin, now going out three times a day.
There are others on what’s on, politics, court news, Knowsley, Wirral, and arts & culture, as well as both Liverpool FC and Everton FC.
Signing up is free and it only takes a minute for you to get the biggest stories, sent straight to your inbox.
How to sign up for an Echo Email Update
1) Go to our dedicated newsletter page at this link.
2) Put your email in the box where indicated
3) Tick as many boxes as you like, for each newsletter you want.
4) Press Save changes and that’s it!
Destinations that TUI is currently operating or due to operate
– Balearics (Ibiza, Majorca, Menorca)
– Canaries (Fuerteventura, Gran Canaria, Lanzarote, La Palma and Tenerife)
– Croatia (Dubrovnik from October 10, Pula and Split)
– Cyprus (Larnaca and Paphos)
– Egypt (Sharm El Sheikh from October 17 and Hurghada from October 18)
– Greece (Corfu, Crete, Halkidiki, Kefalonia, Kos, Parga, Rhodes, Samos, Santorini, Skiathos, Thassos and Zakynthos)
– Italy (Naples)
– Madeira and Porto Santo
– Mainland Spain (Alicante, Malaga and Reus)
– Morocco (Agadir and Marrakech)
– Portugal (Algarve, Madeira and Porto Santo)
– St Lucia
– Turkey (Antalya, Dalaman, Bodrum from October 11 and Izmir from October 16)
Antigua, Barbados. Gibraltar, Greece (Athens, Peloponnese and Mykonos), Grenada, Iceland, Italy (Naples, Puglia, Sardinia, Sicily, Tuscany and Venice), Jersey, Mainland Spain (Almeria and Barcelona), Maldives (from October 3), Malta, Mauritius, Netherlands (Amsterdam), Portugal (Lisbon), Sri Lanka (from October 4), St Lucia, Switzerland, Turkey (Antalya, Bodrum, Dalaman and Izmir), UAE (Dubai).