CLEARWATER, FL — Anticipating an greater desire for air vacation, St. Petersburg-Clearwater Global Airport has hired and properly trained further staff for the busy Fourth of July weekend.
Here are some ideas for those who prepare to fly this weekend:
- Think about obtaining a experience to PIE. The airport expects its lengthy-time period parking and economy loads to fill to capability and will be directing automobiles to park in an overflow ton when these are whole.
- A complimentary shuttle will be provided between the economic system plenty and the terminal. The Vital Lime Financial state Great deal is the major financial system good deal and the Strawberry PIE Lot will be available as wanted and accepts credit and debit cards only when exiting. No right away parking is allowed in short-term parking. For parking details and maps, verify here.
- Energetic loading and unloading is allowed only at curbside in front of the terminal. A no cost cell cellphone lot is obtainable to await your party when they are curbside with their luggage.
- The Florida Section of Transportation Gateway Express Venture is underneath construction on the roadways bordering the airport. Make it possible for journey time and verify updates below.
- Much more info, along with a terminal map, parking map and airline web sites are positioned on the PIE internet site.
- Plan to get there two hours just before your scheduled flight departure time and test departure gate. PIE has two different gate regions, 2-6 and 7-11, that are not connected, so make positive you are at your accurate gate 30 minutes right before the flight is prepared to board. Check out with the airline for carry-on baggage demands and sizes. For Transportation Protection Administration vacation ideas, simply click here.
- Pack intelligent. Get started with vacant baggage. Airline travellers who pack for journey with empty baggage are a lot less possible to convey prohibited things via a TSA checkpoint. Verify for prohibited goods by working with the “What Can I Provide?” website page on the TSA web page.
- Know right before you go. Approach to arrive at the airport in a great deal of time to check in, check bags and complete safety screening in time to stay away from demanding sprints to the departure gate. At the TSA checkpoint, have a valid ID card readily offered and adhere to the liquids rule of 3.4 ounces or considerably less, other than for hand sanitizer, which has a temporary 12-ounce limit in have-on baggage.
- Call the TSA for help if there are questions or problems. Those people who are planning to journey and may have special conditions, criteria or common queries about airport screening can get are living aid by tweeting queries and opinions to @AskTSA or through Fb Messenger, weekdays from 8 a.m. to 10 p.m. and on weekends/holidays from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. You can also connect with the TSA Call Heart at 866-289-9673.
- TSA also presents TSA Cares, a helpline for vacationers with disabilities, medical disorders and other exclusive situations. You may well submit a ask for for aid by calling TSA Cares at 855-787-2227, weekdays from 8 a.m. to 11 p.m., and on weekends/vacations from 9 a.m. to 8 p.m. TSA Cares is open 365 days a yr. Travellers may possibly also use the TSA Cares form accessible on the TSA website.
- Enroll now in TSA PreCheck® to “Travel with Ease.” By enrolling in TSA PreCheck, airline travellers can avoid taking away footwear, belts, liquids, foods, laptops and mild jackets at the TSA checkpoint. Most new enrollees get their recognised traveler amount in just 5 days, and membership lasts for 5 decades. Nationally in April, 94 % of TSA PreCheck passengers waited less than five minutes at the checkpoint. At PIE, it’s 100 p.c.
- Deal with masks are optional but proposed. The Centers for Ailment Handle and Avoidance suggests facial area masks for passengers ages 2 and older in indoor locations of general public transportation and transportation hubs as an helpful precaution for those people who look for to stay clear of publicity to COVID-19 in increased-chance general public spaces. The CDC has health and fitness recommendations for domestic vacation in the course of COVID-19 and intercontinental journey on its website.